|Dates:||Tuesday 03 April 2018 - Friday 06 April 2018|
|Times:||9.00am to 5.30pm|
The baby and infant massage training course is accredited by the International Association of Infant Massage (IAIM). Students come from many different backgrounds and include health professionals, therapists, child care workers and parents. The course is run over 4 days and is taught by experienced International IAIM Trainers.
On the Training you will learn:
- The History of Infant Massage and the IAIM
- The Benefits and effects of Infant Massage
- Infant Massage techniques and how to adapt them as the child grows
- Infant Cues, crying and behavioural states
- Marketing and Promoting your Infant Massage class
- Communication, teaching and group facilitation skills
- Bonding and the relationship between massage and bonding
- Infant and Child development
- Touch research
- Massage for special situations, including premature babies, colic and other special needs
- Massage oils
During the 4 days you will get to see a parent class being taught and also get to do some of the teaching.
At the end of the 4 days you will take home a written exam and will have to teach 5 parents 5 sessions of Infant Massage.
On completion of the 4 days you become a student member of BMI and once you have completed your take home work you will become a Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI) which will enable you to teach Infant Massage to parents.
PLEASE NOTE THAT WE DO NOT MASSAGE THE BABIES WE TEACH THE PARENTS TO DO SO