|Dates:||Saturday 21 October 2017 - Saturday 28 April 2018|
|Times:||9.30am to 5.30pm|
|Fee:||€750.00 paid in instalments. Exam Fee: €125|
|2017/ 2018 Course Dates:|
|Weekend One||October 2017||21st & 22nd|
|Weekend Two||November 2017||18th & 19th|
|Dates in 2018||January||27th|
Total cost: €750.00 + exam fee
21st October : €350.00
18th November : €300.00
1st April exam fee €125.00
Diploma in Diet and Nutrition for complementary therapists.
NUTRITION – The forgotten Medicine
The definition of nutrition is “the process of absorbing nutrients from food and processing them in the body in order to keep healthy or to grow”.
Unfortunately for lots of people their only conscious interaction with the food they eat is counting calories to help them loose weight. Because of this they look at some foods as good or bad only in relation to how many calories it contains and therefore how much of it they can eat.
Knowledge is powerful. Would you like to know if the meal you are about to eat is:
Power packed with vitamins and nutrients which will give you
energy vitality and health
Is empty and “dead” which will drain you of energy as your
body fights to absorb it?
This course will give the student a clear understanding of:
- The basic principals of nutrition – the difference between nourishing your body and eating food
- How the foods we eat affect our overall health – the side effects of fad diets and dieting
- The basic principles of a healthy diet for:
- Atkins – discussed and explained
- Blood Types – discussed and explained
- Micro biotic diet – discussed and explained
- What is Acid/Alkaline balance
- What is Over/under eating
- Cooking and preparation of food from maximum health benefits
- Food as medicine – how to use whole foods to restore and maintain
- Environmental issues around the food we buy
- Food additives – what they are and why we need some and not others.
- Food processing – what it does to food and your health
- Artificial sweeteners and flavouring
- Cleansing the body through
- The Qi in food we eat
- Anatomy and Physiology of the digestive system
- Some common pathologies that respond very well to healthy eating
Who can attend thiscourse?
This course is for complementary therapists to would like to be able to offer intelligent nutritional advice to their clients and patients.
It is suitable for
- Complementary Therapists
- Pilates teachers
- Yoga teachers
- Gym instructors
During the course students will have to complete 5 case studies, that is, they need to work with 5 people 4 times offering nutritional advice for specific ailments and objectives.
This course leads to an ITEC Diploma in Diet & Nutrition for Complementary Therapists. Please note this course does NOT lead to a qualification in Nutritional Therapy.
This course can not be booked on line.
1. Please phone office where we can take payment by laser and debit cards.
2. To pay by cheque – please make cheque payable to Obus Limited and send to 3-4 Mill Lane, Leixlip, Co. Kildare
Please remember to include your full name and contact details