About The Course
Lymphatic drainage massage is a very soft and gently form of massage. It uses a VERY light pressure combined with soft pumping action working in the direction of the lymph nodes only.
It is designed to stimulate the body’s lymphatic system which helps the body to eliminate waste and toxins. It also improves metabolism and boosts to the immune system.
This course is written by Christine Courtney and is based on her unique method of “following the impediment to flow”.
- The anatomy of the lymphatic system
- Location of nodes
- Drainage patterns
- Indications for lymphatic drainage massage
- How to perform lymphatic drainage on yourself
- Adaptations needed for clients who have had lymph nodes removed
Upon completion of the course
The student will know how to perform a treatment which is specific to an area of the body:
- The face
- The upper body
- The abdomen
- Lower body
- And a full body lymphatic drainage massage.
- Adapt massage for clients following lymph node removal
Lymphatic drainage massage is excellent for
- Clients who get recurrent colds, sore throats etc
- Clients who do not or can not take much exercise
- Clients suffering with oedema
- Clients who have low energy levels.
The massage can be incorporated into any massage sequence or it can be a stand alone treatment.
This course does NOT cover
Lymph drainage massage for the following conditions:
- Major heart conditions
Who can attend the course
This course is open to qualified massage therapists who hold a recognised qualification in Anatomy and Physiology and massage.