Practical skills you will learn:
• Colon Massage to relieve constipation and bloating.
• Uterine Massage to relieve menstrual cramping.
• Soft Emotional release hand placing to ease anxiety that manifests in the abdomen.
• Reflexology points on the feet to assist.
This is a hands-on course and students will give and receive abdominal massage on each other.
Theory we will cover:
● How abdominal massage benefits the organs and systems.
● Castor oil packs, what they are, how and when to use them.
● How to use essential oils to calm and stimulate the body systems
● Contraindications and cautions.
● Consultation requirements
● Review Anatomy and Physiology.
○ Structure and Functions of the Large and Small Intestines
○ Function of the Liver and Gallbladder
○ Nervous system in the Large Intestine – the Gut Brain Axis
○ Structure and function of the female reproduction system.
Who is the course open to?
This course is open to qualified massage therapists who hold a recognised qualification in Anatomy and physiology.
This course is approved for Continual Professional Development (CPD points) with the following organisations: