This course is online. To view our in person course dates click here
Originally based upon the ancient tradition of acupuncture and energy meridians of the body, auriculotherapy, as it is known today, is a mixture of eastern and western integration.
In 1957, Dr Paul Nogier, considered the Father of Auriculotherapy, presented his concept of an inverted fetus map on the external ear. His research was published by German acupuncture society, then circulated to Japan and China where it was further explored by the Nanjing Ear Acupuncture Research Team, where they verified the clinical effectiveness of the Nogier approach to auricular acupuncture.
The ear is a self-contained microsystem that can affect the whole body. Therefore, by learning how to read the colour, bumps and painful areas of the ear the therapist can cross reference this knowledge with what they have encountered on the feet, to give them a deeper understanding of the pathology.
- Looking at the ear as a microcosm of the body
- Tracing the Yang meridians and understanding the Yin reactions
- Inverted Fetus Map – Dr. Paul Nogier
- Points to stimulate
- How to recognise pathologies
- How to use an ear probe
- Applying ear seeds/magnets etc for home treatment
- Contraindications and contra actions
Upon completion students will know:
- How to complete a treatment using massage and how to place ear seeds/magnets
- How to recognise the systems in the ear
- How to treat common pathologies
Who Can Attend this Course:
This course is open to qualified Reflexologists, Aromatherapists and Holistic Massage Practitioners.
This course is approved for Continual Professional Development (CPD points) with the following organisations: