This course is in person.
This workshop was put together, to help therapists gain knowledge of how manipulation of the ear, can help to relax and balance the body. Originally based upon the ancient tradition of acupuncture and energy meridians of the body, ear acu-press, or auriculotherapy, as it is known today, is a mixture of eastern and western integration. This can be a stand alone treatment, or used as an add on to any other complimentary treatment.
In 1957, Dr Paul Nogier, considered the Father of Auriculotherapy, presented his concept of an inverted foetus map on the external ear. His research was published by German acupuncture society, then circulated to Japan and China where it was further explored by the Nanjing Ear Acupuncture Research Team, where they verified the clinical effectiveness of the Nogier approach to auricular acupuncture. It is used very widely in clinics all over the world today, to help clients with cessation of smoking, drug addiction and food cravings.
The ear is a self-contained microsystem that can affect the whole body. This workshop will teach the therapist how to how to read the colour, bumps, texture and painful areas of the ear and then cross reference this knowledge with what their clients have told them, to give them a deeper understanding, and of how they can apply this knowledge to support their clients homeostasis.
- Looking at the ear as a microcosm of the body
- Recognising all the different aspects of the ear reflexes and how they correspond to the body systems
- Ear charts
- Seeing the original inverted Fetus Map by Dr. Paul Nogier
- How to apply ear acupressure to relieve symptoms
- How to give an ear massage to relax the client
- Applying ear seeds on specific points and how to work them as a home treatment
- Contraindications and contra actions
Upon completion students will know:
- How to complete a treatment using massage and how to place ear seeds
- How to recognise the systems in the ear
- How to treat common pathologies
Who Can Attend this Course:
This course is open to qualified Reflexologists, Aromatherapists and Holistic Massage Practitioners.
This course is approved for Continual Professional Development (CPD points) with the following organisations: