Why take this course?
Because babies and children’s bodies are smaller and more delicate, than an adult, massage is worked differently on a baby or young child. Also, the length of time worked on them will hugely differ from an adult.
What will you learn?
With the help of specially drawn charts, you will learn how to tailor your normal holistic routine into simpler forms to use with babies, toddlers, and children for common childhood illnesses
• Benefits of massage on babies, toddlers, children
• Scaling down! – how to adapt techniques for babies and children
• Creating the best environment and using good quality oils
• Contra actions
• Preparation prior to treating babies and children
• Consultation techniques
• Relaxation techniques
• Infant Spot cupping (using silicone cups to help immune systems)
• Responses and Reactions
• Parental and Child consent
• Duration and frequency of treatments
• Aftercare and home advice with some basic techniques to use at home
Common childhood conditions that respond well to Holistic Massage
• Broken sleep patterns
• Stomach aches
• Hay fever
• Coughs and colds
• Growing pains
Your specially designed charts
• Back Massage
• Abdomen Massage
• Leg and arms and hands Massage
• Face and head massage
• Infant spot cupping to help immune systems
Who can take this course?
This course is for all qualified Massage Therapists
Can I learn more?
Learn how to teach this course to parents.
CLICK HERE for our Instructors Course on Baby and Child Wellness
Professional CPD points available for this course
NRRI 100 points
IRI 50 points
IFPA 6 points category B
This course is taught by:
This course is written and taught by Denise Hanlon. Denise is one of OBUS Schools most experienced tutor and has been a practitioner for almost 20 years. She was inspired to write this course when she saw the wonderful results she got when she uses holistic massage on her grandchildren and young clients.
This course is approved for Continual Professional Development (CPD points) with the following organisations: