Why take this course?
By teaching a parent how to perform a therapeutic massage you are giving them a life long skill. This skill benefits the child’s health and can help to deepen the bond between the parent and child.
What will you learn?
How to adapt your normal massage routine into a simpler form for use with babies and children.
How to teach massage to parent groups and in one on one sessions.
How to set up and run a parent and baby massage group.
Course Content – Massage
• Benefits of massage on babies, toddlers, children
• Scaling down! – how to adapt techniques for babies and children
• Creating the best environment and using good quality oils
• Common childhood conditions that respond well to massage, such as, reflux, colic, teething etc.
• Contra actions
• Preparation prior to treating babies and children
• Consultation techniques
• Relaxation techniques
• Responses and Reactions
• Parental and Child consent
• Duration and frequency of treatments
• Aftercare and home advice with some basic techniques to use at home
Course Content – Instructor’s training.
Teaching Baby Massage to:
• Small groups
• One to one sessions
• How to plan a class
• How to put a course schedule together
• How to set up your room for comfort and teaching ease
• How to promote and advertise your course
• Type of equipment needed
• Benefits of teaching a group
Course notes will include:
Massage protocols and charts
Specially created Massage charts with step by step guides to help you teach parents and guardians to work on their babies and children with ease. These will include:
• Back Massage
• Abdomen Massage
• Leg and arms and hands Massage
• Face and head massage
Protocols for parents and guardians to:
Support wellness and good routine
Ease common childhood conditions
Who can take this course?
This course is for all qualified Massage Therapists
Professional CPD points available for this course
NRRI 100 points
IRI 50 points
IFPA 6 points category B
This course is taught by:
This course is written and taught by Denise Hanlon. Denise is one of OBUS Academy’s most experienced tutor and has been a practitioner for almost 20 years. She was inspired to write this course when she saw the wonderful results she got when she uses holistic massage on her grandchildren and young clients.
This course is approved for Continual Professional Development (CPD points) with the following organisations: