Why take this course?
Knowledge is powerful. Would you like to know if the meal you are about to eat is:
Power packed with vitamins and nutrients which will give you
energy vitality and health
Is empty and “dead” which will drain you of energy as your
body fights to absorb it?
About the Course
This course will give the student a clear understanding of:
- The basic principles of nutrition – the difference between nourishing your body and eating food
- How the foods we eat affect our overall health – the side effects of fad diets and dieting
- The basic principles of a healthy diet for:
- Atkins – discussed and explained
- Blood Types – discussed and explained
- Micro biotic diet – discussed and explained
- What is Acid/Alkaline balance
- What is Over/under eating
- Cooking and preparation of food from maximum health benefits
- Food as medicine – how to use whole foods to restore and maintain
- Environmental issues around the food we buy
- Food additives – what they are and why we need some and not others.
- Food processing – what it does to food and your health
- Artificial sweeteners and flavouring
- Cleansing the body through
- The Qi in food we eat
- Anatomy and Physiology of the digestive system
- Some common pathologies that respond very well to healthy eating
Who can attend this course?
This course is for complementary therapists who would like to offer intelligent nutritional advice to their clients and patients.
It is suitable for:
- Complementary Therapists
- Pilates teachers
- Yoga teachers
- Gym instructors
During the course students will have to complete 5 case studies, that is, they need to work with 5 people 4 times offering nutritional advice for specific ailments and objectives.
Course Payment Structure:
Paid in installments.
- Non Refundable Deposit: €100
- Ist Installment: €350
- 2nd Installment: €300
- 3rd Installment: €140 Exam Fee
This course leads to an ITEC Certificate in Diet & Nutrition for Complementary Therapists.
Please note this course does NOT lead to a qualification in Nutritional Therapy.