|Module One – Online||14th, 15th, 16th January 2022|
|Module Two – Online||18th, 19th, 20th February 2022|
|Module Three – Online||24th, 25th, 26th June 2022 AND 9th,10th July 2022|
|Module Four -Online||1st, 2nd October 2022 AND 9th, 10th, 11th December 2022|
|Exam||21st January 2023|
|Click here to compare our on-line syllabus and our in person syllabus
This Diploma in Aromatherapy and Holistic Studies course is accredited by IFPA – International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists which is the largest organisation world wide representing Professional Aromatherapists
Who can attend this course?
Anyone! You do not need any prior knowledge or training to begin this course
About this course
- The history of aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy as aromatic medicine
- 65 essential oils, their chemistry and therapeutic effects
- Methods of use of vegetable oil and infused oils for in healing skin, muscles, tendons and bones
- The therapeutic use of essential oils for common ailments
- Aromatherapy for healing the skin and common skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and eczema
- The intensive use of essential oils for acute conditions
- The therapeutic use of aromatherapy for chronic conditions
- The use of essential oils during pregnancy and childbirth
- The use of essential oils for children, adults and the elderly
- An introduction to the use of essential oils for people with cancer and other serious illness
- The use of essential oils for stress, anxiety and addictions
- The use of aromatic inhalers
- Methods of extraction
- Methods of using essential oils
- Olfaction and its effects on our body and emotions
- Blending and mixing of oils for massage, baths and home care
- Using Aromatic waters, hydrosols, topically and internally
- Holistic healing philosophy
- Empowering the client
- Physical/mental/emotional effects of essential oils
- Body analysis and health assessment
- Stress – how it shows in our body and how it affects our life
- Care of the therapist, physically through exercises and emotionally by setting boundaries
- How aromatherapy can be used to support healthy lifestyle choices
- How aromatherapy can be used to support Western Medicine
- Professional ethics
- Business – how to promote yourself as a therapist and how to set up and run your practice.
Making Natural Cosmetics, Ointments and Balms:
Student cosmetic making starter kit is included in the cost of the course.
What you will learn in this module:
How to blend vegetable oils, infused oils, butters and essential oils for common skin conditions
Oil and water emulsification
Water and oil emulsification
Bees wax emulsification
Aromatherapy in Pregnancy: All students will learn the theory of aromatherapy for use in pregnancy, labour and childbirth. Pregnancy Massage is taught as a separate workshop.
Aromatherapy for Babies and Children: All students will learn the theory of aromatherapy for babies and children. Baby Massage is taught as a separate workshop.
Anatomy and Physiology
To qualify, students need a qualification in Anatomy and Physiology
Students can take this before, during or after the Aromatherapy Diploma.
If you hold a recognised qualification you may be exempt.
To book the the Anatomy and Physiology click here
- The course consists of 4 modules.
- All Modules are held over weekends including Friday evening.
- Module 3 and 4 includes the following, in depth, on-line theory training
- Chemistry of Essential oils
- Aromatherapy for Healing and Nurturing the skin
- Aromatherapy for Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Aromatherapy for Babies and Children
- Introduction to Aromatherapy for Cancer and other serious illness
These units are delivered in class with on-line modules. Students have continual access to this amazing information for over 3 months, allowing them to delve deep into these subjects and gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of Aromatherapy in these specialised areas.
- Between modules students have case studies to be complete and theory questions to answer
- It is advisable that anyone taking the course, and wishing to complete it in 12 months, should allow 3 hours per week to complete their home study requirements.
- The time between each module is planned to give the students sufficient time to complete their homework, and become familiar with all the material taught before proceeding with the next module.
- Students must complete the modules in sequence, e.g. module one, then two..etc.
- You can complete this course in one year or take up to 3 years to complete.
- Holistic Massage is NOT taught with this course . For details of our WEEKEND and MORNING holistic massage courses click here
Module Cost Breakdown:
Course Fee: €1650.00 – paid over the 4 modules
Module one €275.00
Module two €325.00
Module three €550.00
Module four €500.00 Exam fee: €100.00
Following completion of module four there is a 3 hour written exam
If you wish to take our Diploma in Holistic Massage or our Diploma in Reflexology at the same time as our Diploma in Aromatherapy discounts do apply. Phone the office to discuss.
Click here for details of our Diploma in Holistic Massage, here for Diploma in Reflexology and here for Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology
“I enjoyed the Diploma in Aromatherapy course so much that I have recommended it to everyone I meet who is interested in studying aromatherapy. The course was really enjoyable; there was tremendous fun and an opportunity to make new friends. Christine is a born teacher and organiser. The modules were well planned and everything was clearly and concisely explained. The atmosphere was such that questions were always welcomed. A great experience!”
Mary Dunne, Warren-Point, Co. Down
“When I started this course, I believed that I was just doing an aromatherapy course to learn how to blend essential oils, how wrong I was! I had no idea just how much I was going to get out of this course. With Christine’s guidance and unlimited knowledge of the oils, I discovered that there are other levels to aromatherapy that I never realised. Thank you Christine”
“This was such an AMAZING course. It has been a life changing experience for me. Christine is so passionate about the subject that I was hooked from day one. The knowledge and information one learns is astounding. It was so much more in depth and interesting than I’d ever imagined and the encouragement and support from staff and students alike made this a course in a million! I look forward to attending many more courses at OBUS, a place, I have come to view as home. Such a safe haven. Thank you Christine”
Thanks for another great weekend….. Its hard to believe that the year is over. I will miss the weekends, I could just keep going, learning more and more.
I had no idea at the start of the year how much there is to learn and know about Aromatherapy, its a huge subject. Before I started way back then, I thought it was about nice smelling oils that you could vaporise and massage therapists used on their clients. I was way off……its so much more than that, and even more again!!
It feels like many doors have opened as a result of the training.So, thank you Christine for sharing so much of your wisdom….. it was a joy for me to be part of that journey.
This course is approved for Continual Professional Development (CPD points) with the following organisations: