|Module One||2nd, 3rd, 4th, October 2020 FULL|
|Module Two||15th, 16th, 17th January 2021|
|Module Three||7th, 8th, 9th May 2021 AND 12th, 13th June 2021
Access to on-line units from 10th May 2021
|Module Four||24th, 25th July 2021 AND 24th, 25th September 2021
Access to on-line units from 26th July 2021
|Exam||10th October 2021|
This Diploma in Aromatherapy and Holistic Studies course is accredited by IFPA – International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists which is the largest organisation world wide representing Professional Aromatherapists
Who can attend this course?
You do not need any prior knowledge or training to begin this course
About this course
- The history of aromatherapy
- Aromatherapy as aromatic medicine
- 65 essential oils, their chemistry and therapeutic effects
- Methods of use of vegetable oil and infused oils for in healing skin, muscles, tendons and bones
- The therapeutic use of essential oils for common ailments
- Aromatherapy for healing the skin and common skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis and eczema
- The intensive use of essential oils for acute conditions
- The therapeutic use of aromatherapy for chronic conditions
- The use of essential oils during pregnancy and childbirth
- The use of essential oils for children, adults and the elderly
- An introduction to the use of essential oils for people with cancer and other serious illness
- The use of essential oils for stress, anxiety and addictions
- The use of aromatic inhalers
- Methods of extraction
- Methods of using essential oils
- Olfaction and its effects on our body and emotions
- Blending and mixing of oils for massage, baths and home care
- Using Aromatic waters, hydrosols, topically and internally
- Holistic healing philosophy
- Empowering the client
- Physical/mental/emotional effects of essential oils
- Body analysis and health assessment
- Stress – how it shows in our body and how it effects our life
- Care of the therapist, physically through exercises and emotionally by setting boundaries
- How aromatherapy can be used to support healthy lifestyle choices
- How aromatherapy can be used to support Western Medicine
- Professional ethics
- Business – how to promote yourself as a therapist and how to set up and run your practice.
Foot Reflex Massage:
All students will learn how to give an Aroma-Reflex Foot Massage.
This treatment has been written and developed by Christine Courtney, Principal. This is a wonderful treatment to give and receive. It brings together the benefits and knowledge of Aromatherapy, Reflexology and TCM. This treatments helps the therapist bring the client into deep relaxation, it is also an excellent assessment too offering the therapist extra insight into the clients overall health and well being.
Aromatic-Heart Chakra massage to stimulate the Vagus nerve, aid relaxation, sooth anxiety and support the processing of strong emotions such as grief and anxiety
Acupressure arm and hand massage to relax and ease tension in the whole body.
Aromatherapy in Pregnancy: All students will learn the theory of aromatherapy for use in pregnancy, labour and childbirth. Pregnancy Massage is taught as a separate workshop.
Aromatherapy for Babies and Children: All students will learn the theory of aromatherapy for babies and children. Baby Massage is taught as a separate workshop.
Anatomy and Physiology
To qualify, students need a qualification in Anatomy and Physiology
Students can take this before, during or after the Aromatherapy Diploma.
If you hold a recognised qualification you may be exempt.
To book the the Anatomy and Physiology click here
- The course consists of 4 modules.
- All Modules are held over weekends including Friday evening.
- Module 3 and 4 consist of in person practical and theory and on-line theory
- On line units for Module 3 and Module 4 are:
- Chemistry of Essential oils
- Aromatherapy for Healing and Nurturing the skin
- Aromatherapy for Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Aromatherapy for Babies and Children
- Introduction to Aromatherapy for Cancer and other serious illness
These units are delivered on-line and students have continual access to this amazing information for over 3 months, allowing them to delve deep into these subjects and gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of Aromatherapy in these specialised areas.
- Between modules students have case studies to be complete and theory questions to answer
- It is advisable that anyone taking the course, and wishing to complete it in 12 months, should allow 3 hours per week to complete their home study requirements.
- The time between each module is planned to give the students sufficient time to complete their homework, and become familiar with all the material taught before proceeding with the next module.
- Students must complete the modules in sequence, e.g. module one, then two..etc.
- You can complete the course in your own time – you can complete the course in one year or take up to 3 years to complete.
- Holistic Massage is NOT taught with this course.For details of our WEEKEND and MORNING holistic massage courses click here
Following completion of module four there is a 3 hour written exam and a 2 hour practical exam.
If you wish to take our Diploma in Holistic Massage or our Diploma in Reflexology at the same time as our Diploma in Aromatherapy discounts do apply. Phone the office to discuss.
Click here for details of our Diploma in Holistic Massage, here for Diploma in Reflexology Diploma in Holistic and Sports Level 3 and here for Diploma in Anatomy and Physiology
“I enjoyed the Diploma in Aromatherapy course so much that I have recommended it to everyone I meet who is interested in studying aromatherapy. The course was really enjoyable; there was tremendous fun and an opportunity to make new friends. Christine is a born teacher and organiser. The modules were well planned and everything was clearly and concisely explained. The atmosphere was such that questions were always welcomed. A great experience!”
Mary Dunne, Warren-Point, Co. Down
“When I started this course, I believed that I was just doing an aromatherapy course to learn how to blend essential oils, how wrong I was! I had no idea just how much I was going to get out of this course. With Christine’s guidance and unlimited knowledge of the oils, I discovered that there are other levels to aromatherapy that I never realised. Thank you Christine”
“This was such an AMAZING course. It has been a life changing experience for me. Christine is so passionate about the subject that I was hooked from day one. The knowledge and information one learns is astounding. It was so much more in depth and interesting than I’d ever imagined and the encouragement and support from staff and students alike made this a course in a million! I look forward to attending many more courses at OBUS, a place, I have come to view as home. Such a safe haven. Thank you Christine”
Thanks for another great weekend….. Its hard to believe that the year is over. I will miss the weekends, I could just keep going, learning more and more.
I had no idea at the start of the year how much there is to learn and know about Aromatherapy, its a huge subject. Before I started way back then, I thought it was about nice smelling oils that you could vaporise and massage therapists used on their clients. I was way off……its so much more than that, and even more again!!
It feels like many doors have opened as a result of the training.So, thank you Christine for sharing so much of your wisdom….. it was a joy for me to be part of that journey.