|Weekend Course Dates||Weekday Course Dates (Monday)|
6th, 7th, 8th November
11th, 12th 13th December
29th, 30th, 31st January
27th, 28th February
6th, 7th March
Exam 24th April
2nd, 9th, 16th 23rd, 30th November
7th, 14th December
11th 18th 25th January
1st, 8th, 22nd February
1st, 8th, 22nd, 29th March
12th, 19th 26th April
10th, 17th, 24th May
Exam 31st May and 1st June
6th November €400
11th December €300
30th January €300
27th February €250
6th March €140 exam fees
2nd November €400
7th December €300
25th January €300
22nd February €250
22nd February €140 exam fees
About the course
During this Diploma in Holistic Massage course the students will learn how to give a wonderful, relaxing and therapeutic massage. They will also be introduced to the concept of holistic lifestyle and will be given information and tools to help their clients make positive changes which will benefit their health.
Students will also be trained in some advanced massage techniques such as Pregnancy and Baby massage and Remedial Neck and Shoulders massage.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to practice massage professionally. This course is also an entry point for further studies, such as advanced massage techniques, deep tissue cupping, lymphatic drainage, oncology massage and more.
The Course Content
- Full Body massage including the abdomen
- Facial massage including shoulder, neck and scalp
- Mini Facial
- Pregnancy Massage
- Baby Massage
- Seated Remedial Neck and Shoulders Massage
The massage techniques taught will include:
* Body analysis
* Vegetable oils
* Consultation techniques
Anatomy and Physiology
If you hold a recognised qualification in Anatomy and Physiology you may be exempt from this module. Please contact the office to enquire. This module is a blend of on-line, in class and distant learning. On-line learning allows the students to access the information as often as they need to ensure a thorough understanding of the subject and the in-class and remote learning ensures that all their questions are answered
Business Awareness and Ethics
- This module covers the practicalities of running a successful professional practice and covers:
- How to promote your practice – getting new clients and retaining existing clients.
- Business – records that must be kept.
- Tax – how to calculate your liability and how to contact the revenue commissioners
- Sales – how to sale products and therapies to new and existing clients
- Hygiene – proper infection control practices for your clinic, equipment and personal
- Insurance and membership to professional organisations – what you need to know
This module is a blend of on-line, in class and distant learning
Following completion of the course the student will sit the following exams:
- Massage – practical
- Massage – theory
- Business and Ethics
- Anatomy and Physiology
- The course fee covers the cost of the course and all course material and books.
- The exam fee is charged separately
- Students will have to purchase a uniform, towels, massage oil, and a massage table to practice at home.
This course is accredited by ITEC
Anatomy and physiology exemption:
If a student holds an recent qualification in Anatomy and Physiology or Business and Ethics they may be exempt from that part of the course and/or examination. Please contact us to see if you qualify.
Note to students:
You need to allocate about 4 hour per week to complete you case studies and theory studies. To make it an enjoyable experience we recommend you set aside time every week to complete these.