About this Course
|Wednesday – Evening Classes
|Weekend Course Dates
|Tuesday – Classes
Course Dates Coming Soon!
• 8th, 9th, 10th March 2024,
Course Dates Coming Soon!
• 23rd February 2024,
Exams dates Written Tuesday 18th June 2024, Practical Friday 21st June 2024
• 1st Instalment 8th March 2024 €450.00,
• 2nd instalment 5th April 2024 €450.00,
• 3rd instalment 17th May 2024 €350.00,
Exam fee 7th June 2024 €150.00.
• Deposit €250.00,
Each Wednesday 6.30pm – 10.00pm
Friday 6.30pm – 10.00pm
Each Tuesday 10am to 4pm
Each Friday 10am to 4pm
The Course Content
Practical training is all done in person in class:
You will learn a comprehensive range of techniques, these will include:
- A full therapeutic sequence
- A deep tissue sequence for physical ailments
- A soft energy sequence for easing emotional discomfort
You will also learn the protocol and procedures for:
- Working with clients with serious illness such as cancer
- Working with pregnant clients
- Working with elderly clients
- Working with clients with special needs
Anatomy and Physiology – all done online, with tutor support.
If you hold a recognised qualification in Anatomy and Physiology you may be exempt from this module. Please contact the office to enquire. This module is a blend of on-line, and remote tutor support. On-line learning allows the students to access the information as often as they need to ensure a thorough understanding of the subject and the in-class and remote learning ensures that all their questions are answered
Business Awareness and Ethics – this is all done online, with tutor support.
- This module covers the practicalities of running a successful professional practice and covers:
- How to promote your practice – getting new clients and retaining existing clients.
- Business – records that must be kept.
- Tax – how to calculate your liability and how to contact the revenue commissioners
- Sales – how to sale products and therapies to new and existing clients
- Hygiene – proper infection control practices for your clinic, equipment and personal
- Insurance and membership to professional organisations – what you need to know
This module is a blend of on-line, in class and distant learning
+ Holistic approach to health
Reflexology Theory and Practice
+ History of Reflexology
+ Reflex points of the hands and feet
+ Contra Actions
+ Keeping records
+ Client care
+ Code of Ethics
+ Code of practice
+ Case studies
+ Location of reflexes on the Feet and hands
+ Observations and assessment of feet
+ Common complaints – how to help prevent them and how to work with clients that present with them
Students will be required to complete 42 case studies, that is completing 4 full treatments on 9 clients, and 6 full treatments on one client and all the relevant back up paperwork.
2 Large towels, 1 small towel, 3 pillowcases, plinth cover or single fitted sheet.
Examination: – all done in person
Following completion of the course the student will sit the following exams:
Reflexology – practical
Reflexology – theory
Business and ethics
Anatomy and Physiology
About our course:
Following this course students can apply for full membership of either Reflexology Professional bodies – NRRI or IRI.
Who can attend this course:
Anyone! This course is for anyone with an interest in Reflexology. Upon completion of this course students will be able to practice Reflexology professionally. Reflexology has many benefits. It can be used to help prevent illness, restore balance, and relax the body mind and spirit.
Note to students:
To complete this course you need to allocate about 4 hour per week to complete you case studies and theory studies. To make it an enjoyable experience we recommend you set aside time each week to complete these.
“I completed a Reflexology Diploma course at Obus in January this year. My year studying Reflexology was fantastic and enlightening. The course gave me a great deal of information and knowledge which will really help me to help my clients.”
Maria Mc Govern
“Doing a Diploma in Reflexology has opened doors for me as a therapist and has added a new dimension to my therapies. Reflexology never ceases to amaze me, both as an indicator to a client’s general wellbeing and as a powerful yet gentle therapy. Having now completed many courses and this second Diploma with OBUS I find it a relaxed and friendly atmosphere in which to study. Being able to study Reflexology at the weekends has given me the freedom to do my Diploma while continuing with my life.”
This course is approved for Continual Professional Development (CPD points) with the following organisations: