Why take this course?
- Learn how to play the Drum and Gong for therapy and healing.
- Bring Drum and Gongs in to your life.
- Learn how to use the Drum and Gongs for self care.
- Reduce stress and anxiety.
- Experience the joy of sound.
- Use Drum and Gongs to support your meditation practice.
- Learn how to use the Drum and Gongs for family of friends.
- Work towards a Diploma in Sound Therapy. Course details below*.
What will I learn on this course?
You will learn
- How to do a personal sound healing session using Drum and Gongs, grounding techniques.
- How to balance the Chakras, how cleanse the energetic field.
- This Course will cover the history and origins of the Drum and Gong.
- Code of conduct. Scope of Practice, Contraindications.
- The course will cover practical exercises in the following; playing Drum and Gongs.
- Students will learn how to use Drum and Gongs in a sound healing session for themselves and another person.
- Experience and Conduct individual sessions with Drum and Gong.
Who is the course open to?
This course is open to everyone to learn about the use of Drum, Gong, rattles and shakers in personal healing.
For qualified Sound Therapists, it will broaden their practice in Sound Therapy and can be an area of specialisation.
This course is part of a series of modules complementing The Diploma in Sound Therapy Course – find out more here
Our Sound Therapy workshops are open to everyone, but there are a few situations where help may be needed, or caution is advised.
If you have difficulty lying on the floor you need to contact the office do discuss how we can assist you in attending.
If you have had metal plates fitted within the last 12 months, the sound can vibrate them, and this can feel uncomfortable – so wait 12 months please.
If you have a pacemaker fitted this is not a therapy for you
If you have had major surgery in the last 3 months please contact us to discuss how we can assist you in attending.
Sound healing can bring up emotions so if you are going through a very stressful time please be aware of this a prepare in advance by having a support someone to share with available to you after the course.
Equipment needed: If you have a Drum, Gong, rattle, rainstick or shakers bring them all along so you can connect with your instruments. Pen and paper.
Can I learn more?
Yes! You can learn how to play and use lots more instruments in Sound Therapy such as Tuning Forks, Singing bowls and of course, your voice
This course is approved for Continual Professional Development (CPD points) with the following organisations: