About the Course
Lymphatic drainage massage is a very soft and gently form of massage. It uses a VERY light pressure combined with soft pumping action working in the direction of the lymph nodes only.
It is designed to stimulate the body’s lymphatic system which helps the body to eliminate waste and toxins. It also improves circulation, metabolism and boosts to the immune system.
This course is written by Christine Courtney and is based on her unique method of “following the impediment to flow”.
Why take this course?
Adding lymphatic drainage massage to the list of therapies you offer will greatly enhance your cleints health.
Therapeutic Lymphatic Drainage Massage you will help you get client out of pain by removing impediments to flow that working on muscles alone, will not achieve
It will reduce the negative effects of stress and the lymphatic system impacts greatly on the nervous system
What will I learn?
This is a comprehensive 2.5-day course
The course will cover:
• A full review of the anatomy of the lymphatic system
• Lymphatic Drainage patterns of the body and face
• Indications for lymphatic drainage massage
• Oedema – how to recognise all types of oedema
How to perform lymphatic drainage on yourself
Lymphatic Drainage in cancer care:
Adaptations needed for clients who have had lymph nodes removed
Upon completion of the course
The student will know how to perform a treatment which is specific to an area of the body:
• The face
• The upper body
• The abdomen
• Lower body
• And a full body lymphatic drainage massage.
• Adapt massage for clients following lymph node removal
Lymphatic drainage massage is excellent for:
• Clients who get recurrent colds, sore throats etc
• Clients who do not or cannot take much exercise
• Clients suffering with oedema
• Clients who have low energy levels.
• Preparing your clients body for surgery
• Assisting in recover following injury or illness or post-surgery
Who can take this course?
This course is open to all qualified massage therapists.
Why take this course?
Lymphatic Drainage Massage is an incredible massage. It is gentle enough to preform on even the most fragile person and yet it deeply therapeutic in action. Knowing how to preform this modality will add to the effectiveness of all treatments you offer, including pain management, as well as giving you a powerful new modality.