Why take this course?
During this special time, the mother goes through huge physical, mental and emotional changes in a very short space of time.
To have a knowledgeable and supportive therapist to help alleviate many of the common symptoms associated with pregnancy can be of great benefit to both mother and baby. It can also help the pregnancy be as stress free as possible and to optimise health.
What will you learn?
This course will educate the Reflexologists in all aspects of normal pregnancy, birth and postpartum
Overview of pregnancy:
- First trimester: up to 12 weeks
- Second trimester: 13-27 weeks
- Third trimester: 28-40 weeks
- Mapping the pregnancy on the feet
- Reflexology points relevant to all stages of the pregnancy
- Acupressure to support pregnancy and labour
- Acupressure to avoid during pregnancy and labour
- Contraindications, cautions and complications
- Intake form and consultation techniques to help you get the relevant information to allow you to plan your treatments to be most effective.
- Homecare points for the client to use during pregnancy, delivery and post-natal
Revisiting the Endocrine System
- What it does
- How it works
- Where these points are mapped on the feet
- Special attention will be given to the stages of labour and the role of oxytocin in pregnancy and labour
Students will gain an understanding of the common conditions that can present during pregnancy, such as:
- Morning sickness
- Pregnancy Diabetes
- Symphysis Pubis
- Skin problems- rashes, itch, stretch marks
- Restless leg
The day will be a mixture of theory and practical and there will be lots of time for questions and discussion.
Can I learn more?
Who can attend?
This course is open to qualified Reflexologists only.
This course is approved for Continual Professional Development (CPD points) with the following organisations: