|Dates:||21st September to 19th October|
|Times:||MONDAY EVENING 7.00pm to 8.00pm|
|5 WEEK CLASS|
What people say about learning to meditate:
- Mindfulness Meditation has helped me with my panic attacks
- I get so much more done since learning to meditate as I now can concentrate better
- Meditation has been life changing, it is a tool I use very day.
A quote from Flourishing by Dr Maureen Gaffney, one of Ireland’s most accomplished psychologists.
“People who practice meditation consistently report a heightened sense of physical and psychological well-being. They report feelings of greater serenity, compassion and joy.
Mindfulness Meditation is an enjoyable way to manage ourselves, quite unlike the effortful application of willpower that exhausts us.
It results in greater overall well-being, better immune functioning, faster healing and more brain plasticity.
Regular meditation makes people measurably happier. And even people who take part in meditation training programs lasting only a few weeks show long-term benefits”
What happens during mindfulness meditation?
- Activity decreases in the part of the brain that arouses the flight-or-fight response.
- There is a decrease in negative feelings
- The release of stress hormones is slowed down.
- Blood pressure decreases
- There is increased activity in the parts of the brain that trigger relaxation and calm.
- This relaxation and calm enables you to experience positive emotions such as joy and happiness.
STOPPING the mind and the body
DOING ONE thing at a time
EXPLORING your resistance to STILLNESS
This course teaches you the building blocks needed to successfully meditate.
- Sitting Postures
- Mindful Movement
- Body Scanning
- Breath Awareness
- Relaxation Techniques
- Address your resistance to stillness
- Learn to transfer these techniques into your everyday life
- Lengthening your “sit” and going deeper into the experience
COVID 19 PROCEDURES
When you arrive
Please bring your own mat (and blanket-only for yoga class)
Wear a mask
Enter by the centre doors of the centre.
If there is a class directly before yours ensure correct distancing to allow class to empty before you try to enter the class room
The tutor will take and record your temperature using a no-touch thermal temperature scan. Tutor will confirm your temperature is no higher than 38. It will be recorded it with your phone, on the class sheet and kept for contact tracing.
The tutor will assign a mat to your place your mat over the OBUS mat to ensure correct distancing
Sanitize your hands on arrival
Mask to be worn during the whole class
No props will be used during class
Leave through the centre door. If there is a class directly after yours please ensure correct distancing on leaving