Denise Hanlon, with her background in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Aromatherapy Massage and Reflexology, has blended these three therapies to give you this wonderful workshop Meridian Aroma Massage of the hands and feet.
This workshop will introduce therapists to TCM and the five elements, and help them to gain an understanding of how energy works in the body.
The beginnings of Reflexology are to be found in ancient Chinese & Indian healing modalities of acupressure, acupuncture and massage. These ancient skills are what inspired Dr William Fitzgerald, the American ear, nose and throat specialist, when he studied in Asia and through this, he developed his very famous reflex zones therapy.
Students will learn about the channels that begin and end in the feet & hands and how by interacting with one channel or point we can affect the paired channel/distal points in other areas of the body. Students will work on lower legs and feet, arms, and hands, using massage, reflexology and acupressure techniques, with press seeds and aroma-rollerballs, to give their clients a beautifully relaxing yet stimulating treatment which works on the whole body to bring back harmony and balance.
- Introduction to the theory of Ying and Yang and Chinese Medicine
- Location of the 14 meridians in the body
- Introduction to the functions of the meridians and the organs they influence
- Acupressure points to use in your treatment for common disorders and to harmonise health
- Looking at the holographic microcosms of the body system, ears, legs, arms, head
- Acupressure and massage techniques to incorporate into your treatments
- Using an aroma-rollerball to balance reflex points
- Using smokeless moxa to harmonise and encourage qi
- Contra indications and contra actions
Upon completion the students will know:
How to give a full meridian aroma massage treatment which includes hands & feet.
How to use aspects of these treatments with all your clients.
How to use specific sequences for common disorders.
Home advice and points to use
Who can take this course?
This course is open to all qualified therapists.
This course is approved for Continual Professional Development (CPD points) with the following organisations: