About this course
Ayurveda means the science of life. It is a philosophy for living a full and healthy life. The Chakra System, Yoga and Indian Head Massage are all part of this ancient health care system.
Having a knowledge of Ayurvedic medicine can help you understand why your energy levels are low or why you get recurrent illnesses.
Why take this course?
Sometimes a client will present with a list of symptoms which all appear random and disconnected. But when you have a knowledge of Ayurvedic Medicine you will see that these random symptoms draw a very clear picture of disharmony. This course will help you give voice to that picture.
What will you learn on this course?
- Introduction to the basic principles of Ayurveda – including origins and philosophy
- Understanding the 5 elements – earth, water, fire, air, and ether
- Understanding the 3 Doshas, their qualities and attributes – Pitta, Kapha and Vata
- How to distinguish and identify each Dosha and how it manifests in people, the seasons and more
- Insights into the various diagnostic tools of Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic nutrition and the therapeutic benefits of common foods, spices and herbs
- Learn about the Ayurvedic detoxification methods
- An introduction to the importance of mental wellbeing from an Ayurvedic perspective
- You will be taught the benefits and uses of famous Ayurvedic herbs and formula
- Client consultations from an Ayurvedic perspective.
Who can attend this course?
Qualified Alternative health care practitioners such as:
Massage therapists, Reflexologists, Aromatherapists, Herbalists, Naturopaths, Nutritionists, Homeopaths, Counsellors, Yoga teachers
This course is not open to members of the public as the course will move at a faster pace and is directed at enhancing practitioner skills.
Who teaches this course?
This course is taught by Doug Hyde. Doug is an Ayurvedic practitioner, teacher and co-founder of Satmya, and Ayurveda Training and Traditional Medicine centre based in Killaloe, Co Clare. Through consultations, corporate seminars, workshops and professional courses he endeavours to make Ayurveda accessible to everyone. Doug loves introducing his students & clients to the transformative power of Ayurveda. He believes that Ayurveda empowers people to manage their health and wellbeing to get the most out of life.
Doug mainly works from his centre in East Clare but travels nationally with his work. He lives on a 3 acre smallholding in the East Clare hills with his wife (Yvette who is a Naturopath) and three children.