Reflexology for Babies and Children
Saturday 25th April 2020
Times: 9.30 am to 5.30 pm
This is a one-day workshop. All Reflexologists know stimulation of reflex points has a significant effect on the nervous system, promoting relaxation and helping to restore its balance. Reflexology also has a calming influence on the internal organs and muscle functions. This course will give you the tools and confidence to work with babies and children and the knowledge of how to work with specific childhood illnesses and issues.
Why take this class?
Because babies’ feet and bodies are much smaller than an adult some reflex points are accessed and worked differently on a baby. Also, the length of time worked on a baby will differ from an adult.
What you will learn?
With the help of specially drawn charts you will learn how to tailor your normal reflexology routines into simpler forms to use with babies, toddlers and children for common childhood illnesses and
- Benefits of touch and reflexology on babies, toddlers, children
- Zone therapy and how to use as a stand-alone treatment for children
- Linking techniques – energy links through the zones
- Scaling down! – how to adapt techniques for babies and children
- Contra actions
- Preparation prior to treating babies and children
- Consultation techniques
- Relaxation techniques
- Responses and Reactions
- Parental and Child consent
- Duration and frequency of treatments
- Creating the best environment and using good quality mediums
- Aftercare and home advice with some basic techniques to use at home
Common childhood conditions that respond well to Reflexology
- Broken sleep patterns
- Stomach aches
- Hay fever
Your specially designed maps
- Map of Reflex Zones
- Baby Reflex foot map
- Young child reflex foot map
- Hand Reflex map
Can I learn more?
Learn how to teach this to parents Click here for our Instructors Course
Professional CPD points available for this course
NRRI 100 points
IRI 50 points
IFPA 6 points category B
This course is taught by:
This course is written and taught by Denise Hanlon. Denise is one of OBUS Schools most experienced tutor and has been a practitioner for almost 20 years. She was inspired to write this course when she saw the wonderful results she got when she used Reflexology on her grandchildren.