About this course
Ayurveda means the science of life. It is a philosophy for living a full and healthy life. The Chakra System, Yoga and Indian Head Massage are all part of this ancient health care system.
Having a knowledge of Ayurvedic medicine can help you understand why your energy levels are low or why you get recurrent illnesses.
Why take this course?
Sometimes a client will present with a list of symptoms which all appear random and disconnected. But when you have a knowledge of Ayurvedic Medicine you will see that these random symptoms draw a very clear picture of disharmony. This course will help you give voice to that picture.
What will you learn on this course?
- Introduction to the basic principles of Ayurveda – including origins and philosophy
- Understanding the 5 elements – earth, water, fire, air, and ether
- Understanding the 3 Doshas, their qualities and attributes – Pitta, Kapha and Vata
- How to distinguish and identify each Dosha and how it manifests in people, the seasons and more
- Insights into the various diagnostic tools of Ayurveda
- Ayurvedic nutrition and the therapeutic benefits of common foods, spices and herbs
- Learn about the Ayurvedic detoxification methods
- An introduction to the importance of mental wellbeing from an Ayurvedic perspective
- You will be taught the benefits and uses of famous Ayurvedic herbs and formula
- Client consultations from an Ayurvedic perspective.
Who can attend this course?
Qualified Alternative health care practitioners such as:
Massage therapists, Reflexologists, Aromatherapists, Herbalists, Naturopaths, Nutritionists, Homeopaths, Counsellors, Yoga teachers
This course is not open to members of the public as the course will move at a faster pace and is directed at enhancing practitioner skills.