About Energy Medicine
The body is always trying to re-balance and restore itself. It speaks to us and gives us strong messages telling us what we need to do to restore health and wellbeing.
The meridians and the quantity and quality of the Qi that flow through them, act as signposts creating a clear map to health. A skillful and knowledgeable practitioner can use this information to help their client in many ways.
Learning to listen to the body and read what it has to say can help prevent illness.
During this Introduction to Traditional Chinese medicine course we will use the TCM model of the being to tap into a very solid and informed body of knowledge. We will explore the nature of Qi in health and disharmony both in our internal and external environment. We learn how to listen to, recognise, understand and move Qi in all its forms from the emotional and mental to the physical and spiritual.
Qi gathers and flows in and about the being through its organ energy systems (the Zang Fu) and its meridians (the Jing Luo).
Our thoughts, feelings, habits, diet, relationships and our living and working environment all have an effect on Qi and this effect creates a pattern of wellness or unwellness in our being.
- History of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- Understanding the concept of Yin and Yang
- What is Qi, how does it work and how can we work with it.
- A complete working profile of the Zang Fu/Organ Systems of the being.
- An introduction to the energy channels and meridians, their location and function.
- An introduction to some acupressure points, their location, their potency and actions
- The tools to interact with the Qi using:
- Moxibustion treatment
- Qi Gong Body Movement
Upon completion of the course
- The students will be able to give an Acu-pressure massage
- Use moxibustion as a stand alone treatment or as part of an overall treatment
The student will also have a deeper knowledge and understanding of how our emotions affect our physical body. They will leave with the language and tools to help the client make worthwhile changes to benefit the overall health and wellbeing
Who can attend this course?
ANYONE! You do not have to be a qualified therapist to benefit from this course.
This course is for you if you have an interest in:
- How Qi moves in your body and your life
- How the Qi communicates to us through health and disharmony.
- Exploring the foundations, techniques and application of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM)
- If you are a complimentary therapist and wish to add to your existing skills
“As long as the Qi is abundant and flowing there is no illness or disharmony”
Su Wen (ancient Chinese text)
“Everything was wonderful! A true blessing! I can’t think of one thing to improve it. Awesome instructor. Thanks so much. Definitely want to do another class”
“The best course that I have ever done! It was like putting the final piece of the jigsaw puzzle in place. It all fits into place now, how the body processes what is going on in our lives”
“This course has been such a revelation! It’s absolutely mind blowing stuff. I learned so much about myself as well as TMC. I would highly recommend this course to any and all therapists to aid consultancy with clients”
“Absolutely awesome course – so worth the time. Material is applicable to my practice and to my personal journey in health wellness and profession. Christine Rocks!”