|Dates:||Friday 28 June 2019 - Sunday 30 June 2019|
|Times:||Friday evening 6.30pm to 10.00pm Saturday and Sunday 9.30am to 5.30pm|
Some Testimonials from previous students
“I feel I can bring Lymphatic Drainage into all my massage sequences to help various clients. I thoroughly enjoyed this course. Course context and teachers were excellent. It has renewed my whole A+P knowledge and am looking forward to bringing this knowledge and treatment to my therapy room” FIONA MULLEN 2015
“It will be beneficial to add some parts of this massage to other types of massage such as aromatherapy. I really enjoyed this course and it’s amazing how relaxing it is, giving and receiving this massage” MARIA LAGUNA 2011
About the course:
Lymphatic drainage massage is a very soft and gently form of massage. It uses a VERY light pressure combined with soft pumping action working in the direction of the lymph nodes only.
It is designed to stimulate the body’s lymphatic system which helps the body to eliminate waste and toxins. It also improves metabolism and boosts to the immune system.
This course is written by Christine Courtney and is based on her unique method of “following the impediment to flow”.
* The anatomy of the lymphatic system
* Location of nodes
* Drainage patterns
* Indications for lymphatic drainage massage
* How to perform lymphatic drainage on yourself
* Adaptations needed for clients who have had lymph nodes removed
Upon completion of the course:
The student will know how to perform a treatment which is specific to an area of the body:
* The face
* The upper body
* The abdomen
* Lower body
* And a full body lymphatic drainage massage.
* Adapt massage for clients following lymph node removal
Lymphatic drainage massage is excellent for:
* Clients who get recurrent colds, sore throats etc
* Clients who do not or can not take much exercise
* Clients suffering with oedema
* Clients who have low energy levels.
The massage can be incorporated into any massage sequence or it can be a stand alone treatment.
This course does NOT cover:
Lymph drainage massage for the following conditions:
* Major heart conditions
Who can attend the course:
This course is open to qualified massage therapists who hold a recognised qualification in Anatomy and Physiology and massage.