|Dates:||Wednesday 10 April 2019 - Wednesday 10 April 2019|
|Times:||9.30am to 5.30pm|
Reflexology is a wonderful therapy that can be used safely during pregnancy, labour and post pregnancy. During this special time, the mother goes through huge physical, mental and emotional changes in a very short space of time.
To have a knowledgeable and supportive therapist to help alleviate many of the common symptoms associated with pregnancy can be of great benefit to both mother and baby. It can also help the pregnancy be as stress free as possible and to optimise health.
Therefore it is important that the Reflexologist is confident and has a good understanding of pregnancy and many of the minor ailments that respond well to this therapy.
This course is designed to give you the confidence to work with pregnant clients from the moment of conception right to delivery and rebalancing the postnatal body.
This course will educate the Reflexologists in all aspects of normal pregnancy, birth and postpartum
It will include:
- Overview of pregnancy:
First trimester: up to 12 weeks
Second trimester: 13-27 weeks
Third trimester: 28-40 weeks
- Mapping the pregnancy on the feet
- Reflexology points relevant to all stages of the pregnancy
- Acupressure to support pregnancy and labour and labour
- Acupressure to avoid during pregnancy and labour
- Contraindications, cautions and complications
- Intake form and consultation techniques to help you get the relevant information to allow you to plan your treatments to be most effective.
- Homecare points for the client to use during pregnancy, delivery and post natal
Revisiting the Endocrine System
What it does
How it works
Points of the feet
Special attention will be given to the stages of labour and the role of oxytocin in pregnancy and labour.
Students will gain an understanding of the common conditions that can present during pregnancy, such as:
Skin problems- rashes, itch, stretch marks
The morning will cover all the theory
The afternoon will be all practical work
The tutor will demonstration techniques to use and students spend the rest of the day putting all this information together, asking questions and gaining confidence