|Dates:||Saturday 07 September 2019 - Saturday 07 September 2019|
|Times:||9.30am to 5.30pm|
This course is written and taught by Denise Hanlon. Denise is one of OBUS Schools most experienced tutor and has been a practitioner for almost 20 years.
This one-day workshop is designed for qualified Reflexology practitioners. It will give you the tool, confidence and knowledge to work with babies and children.
Stimulation of reflex points has a significant effect on the nervous system, promoting relaxation and helping to restore its balance. This also has a calming influence on the internal organs and muscle functions which makes it a beautiful, easy and non- intrusive treatment to perform.
Students will learn how to tailor their normal reflexology routines into simpler forms to use with babies, toddlers and children for common conditions that affect them.
With the help of smaller model feet and specially drawn charts, this workshop will show reflexologists how to adapt their techniques. The workshop will also cover appropriate treatment sessions for younger children.
- Benefits of touch and reflexology on babies, toddlers, children
- Zone therapy and how to use as a stand-alone treatment
- Linking techniques- energy links through the zones
- Scaling down! Working with smaller feet. Size of feet, how to adapt techniques for babies and children
- Contra actions
- Preparation prior to treating babies and children
- Consultation techniques
- Relaxation techniques
- Responses and Reactions
- Parental & Child consent
- Duration and frequency of treatments
- Creating the best environment and using good quality mediums
- Aftercare and home advice with some basic techniques to use at home
Common childhood conditions that respond well to Reflexology
Broken sleep patterns
You will receive specially created reflexology foot maps to help you work on the tiny feet.
- Map of Reflex Zones
- Normal Reflex foot map
- Baby Reflex foot map
- Young child reflex foot map
- Hand Reflex map
What to learn how to teach parents? Click here for our instructors course
NRRI 100 points
IRI 50 points