|Dates:||Wednesday 13 November 2019|
|Times:||WEDNESDAY EVENING 8.30pm to 10.00pm|
5 weeks 13th Nov to 11th Dec
What people say about our Yoga Classes
- “I can breath better since starting Yoga”
- “I sleep so much better since starting Yoga”
- “I can reach the top shelf in the kitchen again”
Yoga is a philosophy which, through physical and mental exercise, helps to bring a person to a state of awareness and tranquility.
It helps to calm the mind, alleviate the effects of stress and it gets you in touch with your body.
About this class
This class is for people who have been practicing yoga for a number of years who like a strong class with a focus on breath.
Knowledge of the basic postures will be assumed as we take you to deeper holding and more challenging postures.
As always there will be great emphasis on breath awareness.
The benefits of regular practice are many – yoga stretches help to:
- Build muscle strength and tone
- Improve posture and flexibility
- Improve breathing
- Improve the functioning of all body systems
Yoga at the OBUS Wellness Centre
At the OBUS Wellness Centre we are committed to helping people find their level of flexibility. We run different levels of Yoga
- Yoga for General Fitness, flexibility and relaxation.
- Advanced Yoga for people who have been practicing yoga for some time and who like a strong class with focus on breath
- Therapeutic Yoga for people with limited mobility
- Yoga Therapy – one on one sessions for people who need
Jakki started yoga back in the early eighties. From the first night she went to class she was hooked! She felt she had found something in the practice and philosophy of Yoga that she could truly relate to, and she looked forward to her once a week yoga “fix”.
Over the next 20 years she has attended Yoga classes with various teachers both here in Ireland and in England. All of these teachers have been enlightening, encouraging and supportive – and all very different.
In 2000 Jakki began attending classes in Leixlip and was introduced to Yoga Therapy Ireland. She was so inspired by their teaching methods and their whole approach to yoga that she decided to train with them to become a Yoga teacher.
Since successfully completing her two year training course Jakki teaches Yoga at many different yoga venues throughout Co.Dublin/Kildare.
Jakki brings her love of yoga philosophy and meditation to her class to inspire and encourage others to grow and develop.
Jakki teaches Yoga for general fitness, Therapeutic Yoga and Meditation classes in OBUS Wellness Centre.
She is also one of the yoga therapists offering Yoga Therapy as a one-on-one therapy.